Real World MVC 3 Development
During the last couple of months I have been working with MVC 3 daily and I have used Nuget packages and tools which have helped in a number of areas, in this post I will give a shout out to these tools which help make MVC 3 a pleasure to work with. For the most part Nuget packages can be found for these tools so you can add them very easily and get going quickly.
- Attribute routing for MVC – Remove any routing concerns/issues and start using this now.
- T4MVC helps make your MVC code much more maintainable, enough said.
- Mvc Mini Profiler – A simple but effective mini-profiler for ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET.
- Glimpse – What Firebug is for the client, Glimpse does for the server… in other words, a client side Glimpse into whats going on in your server.
- ELMAH – ELMAH (Error Logging Modules and Handlers) is an application wide error logging facility that is completely pluggable. It can be dynamically added to a running ASP.NET web application, or even all ASP.NET web applications on a machine, without any need for re-compilation or re-deployment
All MVC posts
- All of my MVC blog posts can be found here.
MVC is great to work with on its own but these tools can only enhance the development process. Please leave feedback or comments, and also let me know if I have missed out on any tools which I can add to this list.