Hi, my name is Gregor Suttie and I live near Glasgow, Scotland.
I am a passionate developer with 20+ years experience, mainly with Microsoft Technologies and background is a .NET developer since the start of .NET. – I was one of the first 50 people in the world to become an MCSD developer back in the day.
- Azure MVP awarded in August 2019.
- Help run the Glasgow Azure User Group which runs every second month.
- Run the Azure Global Bootcamp (Glasgow edition) and do talks at both.
- Help with organizing DDD Scotland.
- Help organized and spoke at https://www.scottishsummit.com
- Invited to speak at Microsoft Ignite the Tour Zurich on “Deployment Practices for Greater Reliability”.
- Sat and passed 9 Azure exams in the last 16 months and a constant learner.
- Prominent in the Azure community, podcast appearances, articles for companies, and technical author for the book called Agile Project Management with Azure DevOps by Apress.
- My main passions are around Azure and DevOps
- I went from no knowledge of Azure to an Azure MVP in under 2 years and along the journey passed 9 exams, I learn new skills quickly and I keep on top of a number of technologies and a life learner.
- My twitter handle is @gregor_suttie and that’s the best place to contact me.
- I help run the Glasgow Azure User Group and also run the Azure Global Bootcamp Glasgow edition.
- View my list of Microsoft:- Certifications
- View the list of talks I have given – https://gregorsuttie.com/speaking/
- Visual Studio, VS Code
- Agile (Scrum and Kanban)
- Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence, GitHub
- PowerShell, Azure CLI (bash and PowerShell)
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment,
- MVC, .NET Framework, WebAPI (Swagger, OpenAPI), Entity Framework
- SQL Server, Cosmos DB
- XUnit, NUnit, MS Test, Moq
- Git, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Jenkins, GitHub Actions
- Azure WebApps, Traffic Manager, AppInsights, LogicApps, Function Apps, Automation, Infrastructure as Code, Arm Templates, Azure Policy, Azure Functions, Storage, Site Recovery, SQL Server, Azure Data Factory and more.
I have a developer background for 20+ years, and I am now working as an Azure Architect. I am heavily interested in the Azure community where I try to help people with blog posts, videos, sharing useful content and mentoring other people to try and help them.