Review of the year
Wow what a year its been.
- Started a new job as An Azure Architect @ Intercept
- Gave workshops at work on GitHub Actions, Azure PaaS, and Azure Governance.
- Renewed as an MVP
- Helped 9 people become an MVP.
- 53 User Group talks / took part in.
- Helped Organise this year’s Festive Tech Calendar, Global Azure Bootcamp UK / Ireland, Skylines Summer Sessions.
- Spoke at Scottish Summit.
- Passed the following exams: –
- AI-900 Azure AI Fundamentals.
- DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals
- DP-200 Implementing an Azure Data Solution.
- DP-201 Designing an Azure Data Solution.
- AZ-104 Azure Administrator Associate.
- Became a Microsoft Certified Trainer.
- Started my own YouTube channel.
- Started the CloudFamily Podcast with Richard Hooper – https://anchor.fm/cloudfamily
- Blogging – made a conscious effort to slow down blogging to spend time on other things, still managed over 10,000 views each month.
Whats next I hear you ask.
- Speaking at Scottish Summit 2021
- Azure AI-100 Designing and Implementing an Azure AI Solution
- DP-300 Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
- PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
I don’t have much more planned than that.
I have way too many people to thank in 2020, honestly, I am very fortunate to know some amazing people from the communities, everyone I work with day to day, shout out to everyone who I speak with on Twitter, everyone involved in running User Groups, event organizers, etc.
I am grateful to each and every person who I speak to, I do my best to get back to everyone and help where I can. I have noticed that none of you sleep, most of you are up at silly hours of the night.
Highlights this year
This one is easy, helping people who are passionate about helping others is something I will take time out of my day to help people with.
Next year, more of the same, helping people get started, sharing people’s content as it’s tough to create content and people spend a lot of time on this.
I’d like to see events that focus on newcomers to our communities and highlight their work.
Its been a horrid year for everyone, keep safe and keep your chin up and a smile on your face as much as you can.
Nice Greg. Happy Christmas & New Year. Lets hope things straighten out a bit!