Azure CosmosDB – Quick Start Demo App
So one of the hottest thing in Azure these days is without doubt CosmosDB, Cosmos DB is
A database for extremely low latency and massively scalable applications anywhere in the world, with native support for NoSQL
To get started with your very first Azure CosmosDB
- go into the portal and click ass on Azure CosmosDB
- give your new database an id
- choose an API from the options available
- Azure Table
- Gremlin (graph)
- select your Subscription
- select a resource group / create a new one
- choose a location
- optionally turn on geo-redundancy
- click pin to pin this to your dashboard
For this blog post I chose the SQL API and left geo-redundancy off.
Now you’ll see that you can download a sample app using .Net, .Net Core, Xamarin, Java, node.js and Python which will download code for you to play around with and create a to-do app.
I chose .Net and downloaded the code to my machine and opened it up with Visual Studio, run the code and you have a working to-do application hitting your newly created Azure CosmosDB up in Azure.
Time to go play with Azure CosmosDB, enjoy.