Issue I ran into when using Nuget/SlowCheetah

nugetCannot add part to the package. Part names cannot be derived from another part name by appending segments to it

Last week I ran into an issue where I was using nuget to package a .csproj file.
What I was after was the contents of the nuget package to contain a Content folder and inside this Content folder have one file called app.config.transform, that’s it.

If my .csproj file contained the following:-

<PropertyGroup Label="SlowCheetah">
  <Import Project="$(MSBuildBinPath)\Microsoft.CSharp.targets" />
  <Import Project="$(SlowCheetahTargets)" Condition="Exists('$(SlowCheetahTargets)')" Label="SlowCheetah" />

Then the package contents had a single file called content – which is incorrect.

The way I fixed this was inside the .csproj file I changed the type of the app.config.transform from Content to None. I then changed my .nuspec file to have the following:-

    <file src="App.config.transform" target="Content" />

This fixed my issue with the contents of my nuget package, just incase anyone runs into the same issue.

5 thoughts on “Issue I ran into when using Nuget/SlowCheetah

  1. Pingback: Dew Drop – January 12, 2015 (#1931) | Morning Dew

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s